BLOGLOVIN BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON ISTAGRAM BUTTON MAIL BUTTON

Monday, August 25, 2014

Keeping Memories

Yikes, you guys!  My babe is almost 2 and I haven't even started a baby book yet....  I really planned on completing one right after his first birthday but oops. One reason for the delay is that I had the hardest time figuring out what format I wanted to use.  I wasn't really happy with any baby book that I found.  I was debating between a bound book printed with our photos and one with lots of room for handwritten memories.

Since 2 is approaching- I feel like I am finally ready to get moving on this. Luckily, I have been collecting moments in a small box and sending emails to myself of little things that I want to remember- so I won't have to rely on memory alone.  Since I can't find one format to capture all our memories - I think I'm going to go big and choose three!

I found  this super cute and small (write in-paste photo) book- Babys First Year by Eric Carle
I love that it is simple, small and not too overwhelming.  It includes a small section for a family tree and other stats that you don't want to forget.


I am also going to be creating a bound hardcover book by Artifact Uprising with our most favorite photos of the first year.  I would love to make one each year going forward.  I'm planning to choose our more powerful memory evoking photos.  I think this will be my favorite.


Have you guys heard of Project Life?  This is such a fun way to keep memories- The pages are pockets and you can slip in photos- printed notecards - or handwritten notes.  There are so many different kits you can get to suite your style or the theme of your album.  No glue needed!  I just love this and the fact that you can rearrange as needed.   I want to use this format to remember favorite toys, daily rituals, meals, and family trips.  I think it would be fun to have a few little notes from grandparents, aunts and uncles.  I'm excited that I won't be limited on writing space and I can add more if needed just by swapping out some note cards or pictures.  The book I have is big so I will probably capture year 1 and 2 in here. Check out some of the fun ideas including the page below here.


I'm Super Excited to get going on this!!  Would love to hear how you collect memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment