BLOGLOVIN BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON ISTAGRAM BUTTON MAIL BUTTON

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Choosing to be Present


One of my favorite moments of Mamma-hood is seeing pure joy on this little guys face.  Whether he is jumping on the bed, or enjoying a popsicle - In that moment nothing else in the world matters- he is fully in the moment. Sometimes he just belts out a song and it's like the world around him stops.  This joy - it is almost magical and sometimes I can feel it - and all that exists is him and me and joy- it is so powerful - awww childhood.

The moments that bring him joy are always simple things- seeing a kitty cat in the driveway or running in the grass.  I love that.  I want to be more like him.  I want to be fully present- I want to enjoy moments like he does.

I love that I can experience childhood again through his eyes and can catch glimpses of pure joy every single day.  I find though, that for me- joy doesn't always come naturally- there are so many things that tug at my attention- lots of things to weigh me down.  I focus so much on things that need to get done, future plans, general worries about random things. Ugh my brain- I have to decide to slow it down and choose to see and experience the simple things in my day.  When I do slow down, I see glimpses of this magic that J lives daily.  Simple really simple things can become so beautiful- enjoying a popsicle, chasing him in the grass- enjoying the warm sun on my skin.  It is so worth it - daily choosing to be present.


No comments:

Post a Comment